· Ph.D. (2007) in “Risk Management on the Built Environment” (grade: excellent), international doctoral program of the University of Florence and the TU-Braunschweig (dissertation on “Assessment and Mitigation of Wind Risk of Suspended-Span Bridges”, certificate of merit “for the particular scientific value of the doctoral thesis” awarded at the Florence University Press Prize).
· Laurea (5-year degree, 2002) in Civil Engineering (cum laude), University of Florence (dissertation on “Crack modelling in concrete through the finite element method”, in Italian).
Related professional and academic experience
· since Nov. 2007, Research Associate (Assegnista di Ricerca) at the Department of Civil Engineering of the University of Florence.
· Summer 2007, Visiting Scholar at the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Northwestern University.
· Dec. 2004, qualified in the examinations for 3-year PhD grants in two doctoral programs at the University of Florence: (1) International Doctoral Program on Risk Management and (2) National Doctoral Program in Civil Engineering (the former grant has been opted for).
· 2003, 10-month DAAD Research Scholarship at the University of Wuppertal.
· 2001, 10-month compulsory military/civil service.
· 2000, 7-month Socrates-Erasmus Scholarship at the University of Wuppertal.
· Computational Mechanics; Masonry structures; Multiscale models; First-order phase transitions; Constitutive models for concrete; Wind-bridge interaction.
Last update: Dec. 2008